Thursday, April 7, 2011

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Tonight is a big grudge match between the Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics. They are currently number 1 and 2 in the Eastern Conference and both are contenders to bring home the title of NBA Champion. Last April the two met for one of the best series in recent playoff history going to game 7 with the Celtics coming out on top. This has left a sour taste in the Bulls mouth and they are out for vengeance. Rose and Rondo have beef and Noah and Garnett have both been very vocal about their distain for one and other. Tonight may be providing us a preview of the Eastern Conference Finals so this has the feel of a playoff game.


I've never been the best athlete on the court or field but I never was the worse. I had to be competitive by using hustle and hard work. This is why growing up in Chicago during the Jordan era I was the minority who's favorite player was not wearing 23 or 45 for that matter. Mine wore 91, dyed his hair, and wore a wedding dress in public. Dennis Rodman, long thought of as the NBA bad boy, was the man I modeled my prepubescent game after. Banging the boards, throwing elbows, and sacrificing my body to keep every play alive was my game. This appreciation of hard work has come full circle with the new Bulls squad. In 2007 I was outraged when the Bulls used their #9 pick for Joakim Noah from Florida. I didn't like Florida and I especially didn't like their big man even though his championship celebration dance was hilarious. Over time though Noah has matured and worked harder than most professional athletes and it has shown in his game. His hard work partnered with Derrick Rose's natural talent and Tom Thibodeau's coaching the Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with.


Check out this link to get really jacked up click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment