Monday, September 6, 2010

You Can Chase Right Up and Touch The Sky

Whaddup, what is up? Hello again old friends. I can honestly say I’ve missed you and its good to say hi. The last week has been busy, back to whatever resembles a real life. Unfortunately that working mans life did not allow me to partake in any of the fun this weekend. I can’t stress how sad it is sitting in a cubicle on Saturday watching ESPN GameCast on opening weekend of college football. Especially when the Buffaloes are stomping all over for that excuse of a rivalry. I’m sorry a 60-20-2 record says it all. I don’t need to say anything you don’t already know though.

On a musical side of things this weekend hosted two street party festivals, those being the North Coast Music Festival in Chicago and the Electric Avenue Music Festival in Denver. Notable acts are Umphrey’s McGee, Disco Biscuits, Pretty Lights, Moby, Benny Benassi, Chemical Brothers, Lupe Fiasco, Nas & Damian Marley at the North Coast. At the Electric Avenue’s acts were Kyle Hollingsworth Band, Great American Taxi, Greensky Bluegrass, Punuma Trio, Eliot Lipp, Juno What?!, Break Science, Euforquestra, Mountain Standard Time, and Karl Deson’s Tiny Universe, along with many others. Both of these are farewells to those easy times of summer that are fading way with every moment.

This summer I learned a lot and had a great time. The list would go on for pages of the accomplishments, stories, and adventures I’ve had but I’m not here to brag. I wish what I learned this summer was some brilliant idea to make me millions but it isn’t. It is something much simpler and will make you richer in life than one can imagine. It was that when we were kids that we had it best. That’s probably an obvious statement to most. But when is the last time you rode your bike to a friend’s house? How often do you just sit out in the summer breeze not worrying about what is to come tomorrow? The days of carefree laughter and fun have been easily forgotten with the every day grind. Take your time, slow down, and live life at every moment. When you let the little things bog you down you loose sight of what is important. Friends, family, and wealthy life.

I will be coming back at you in a couple days because I’ve got one of my most looked forward to weekend of the year coming up as well as other cultural and spiritual trinkets. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment